Books...books...books

Well, I will start this post with a big apology. I know I haven't been too regular in updating this blog, and I have absolutely no excuses. I have been suffering from a lack of inspiration.

Getting back to the post, for some time now, I have been trying to read a variety of books. Each book was chosen depending on the state of mind I was in at that time. For example, for the days I reminisced about the days of childhood gone by, I chose a book about Roald Dalh, the master storyteller. For others day when I mentally exclaimed 'The world is crazy!', I chose One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. I also picked up Old Man And The Sea to have something to associate with the wonderful animation I have seen. Gearing up for some travel abroad, my book of choice now is Unaccustomed Earth. However, what precedes the joy of possessing a new book to read, is the activity of visiting the book shop!

There's something about spending time at a book shop that can be very calming for some, including me. The idea of being surrounded by all this literature, with the millions of stories and plethora of information can seem quite overwhelming. However, it is always the good kind. One is enveloped by the smell of paper and is excited by the variety of colors of the different book covers, all joining in to create graphical harmony.


It's safe to say it is one of my safe places (the place you imagine yourself in, while meditating). The only thing left to do now, is meditate!

Comments

Popular Posts