The Taj Experience


So, let's just skip the 'It's been such a long time' talk, and get right to it, shall we?

It was a good Saturday, indeed. For one, I attended my first Zumba class. Off late I've been feeling even more unfit than usual, and a friend was more than happy to join me in this quest for a healthier life. She was doing it more out of the boredom of routine life, but hey, I'll take it. We huffed and puffed our way through the hour long class and stumbled out of there tired, but proud.

After this, a friend and I decided to try out a restaurant we've both heard about, called Taj Mahal Tea House. The restaurant boasts of a variety of Indian and exotic teas, as well as some (healthy) fusion food. As soon as we got there and took a look at the menu, we realised that tea was basically the theme of the place. It has found its way in the food as well! Most of the dishes mentioned some infusion with teas or their partnering taste (cardamom, tulsi, etc.)

We started with some idli burgers, which were lovely! They came with a base of roasted idli, topped with a soft beet patty. After this, I went for the paneer and aubergine tart, and he had the stuffed grilled chicken. Both dishes were good, however, mine was a little less in quantity to be classified as a mains. We also split dessert (the zumba class helped me not feel guilty about it!) Our entire meal was accompanied with some white tea, which was supposedly quite an exotic blend. It wasn't too strong, so I quite enjoyed it!

We followed up lunch with a play at the local art place, so I came home feeling culturally satiated. T'was a royal experience (see what I did there?).

Comments

Popular Posts