Running Log - Game Plan

Such an old picture, excavated from my New York days!
Going through my previous blog posts has really helped motivate me to get back to running. Back in 2012, every second post I wrote was about running and training for a half marathon, among other unconnected things. Boy, do I miss the hopelessly optimistic young (ahem.) person I was back then. But hey, it's never too late, right?

The first thing to do is to come up with a game plan. Back then, I got way more serious (and way less lazy) about running after I registered for an event. It gave me an goal; a challenge that absolutely had to be completed. The closer I came to the date of the marathon, the more I focused on training and eating well. My final running time was nothing great, but I did it, and that made me proud.

That was then and this is now. I realize today I am not as fit as I was when I started my half marathon training a few years ago. Back then I was more active in general, and lived with my sister, who fed me good food. Now I sit all day at work, go home and sit some more. My eating habits are better than they were a few months back, but could be better still. So I've decided to work up to my goal this time. This means taking part in a couple of races before registering for a half marathon.

So, the first thing to do in this game plan is to register and take part in a 10 km run in a few months. Ideally, I would like to run the entire 10 kms, something that I haven't been able to do...ever (challenge. accepted.) Some research led me to this run, which takes place mid December. Registrations haven't started yet, but I'll let you all know when they do.

 Any female runners / running enthusiasts in Mumbai want to join me? 

Comments

Popular Posts