Running Log - Other Exercises



Most people assume that to be able to run long distances, one needs to train just by building up their running stamina, increasing distance and speed. While having a running routine that escalates in intensity is extremely important, it is also important to build your core strength. I for one, am realizing this more and more as I get back to this running thing. There are many exercises for this, that focus on the core, but for now let's talk about yoga.

I used to practice yoga as a child, so I'm somewhat familiar with it. That being said, when I get back to it, I do so as a beginner. Because in yoga, your form is very important, and that is something that can only happen with practice. Yoga is good for runners, as it strengthens the core along with increasing flexibility and improving posture; all very important.

I found this video on Youtube the other day, and with so many people raving about it in the comments section, I figure it's a good one. I'm going to try it out during the week (probably Monday) because I'd like to focus on longer runs over the weekend. But if any of you would like to give it a shot, please do and fill me in on your experience. It won't be a bad one, I'm sure.

Comments

Popular Posts