Craft party this way

One of the pleasant reminders that I am now in the land of Etsy is the craft parties they often organize. I was lucky enough to be able to attend one yesterday at Brooklyn Bridge Park! The lucky part carried over to after the party, because we were right next to the famous Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory, a place famous for its modest number of flavors but very generous portions.

We were welcomed with a line of people waiting to get into the arena, most carrying cameras and I suspect many were bloggers like myself (that felt good to type!). We entered to the music of a band that sounded a lot like the people who play at Indian weddings, which was a bit of a surprise but none of us could complain. The activities planned were cloth bag painting (using stencils), postcard making (using patterned paper, sketch pens, etc) and bottle decoration (using magic markers). I grabbed supplies for the postcards and made two before heading for the bottles. My sister was nice enough to take some really good pictures of me at work, as well as others! By the time we reached the bottles, it grew dark, and we could hardly see what we made, so we called it a day (well spent indeed).

The event only confirmed my love for the crafts, and I can't wait to come up with more projects. We are shifting into a new apartment next month, so I'll have a blank canvas. And aren't those the best?

Comments

Popular Posts