Gliding down little mountains

I've been a bit of a hermit off late. I blame it on the sudden obsession with work, which isn't really a bad thing now that I think about it. But today, I decided to take a break and took Slartibartfast (incase you forgot, that's my bike) to the park. It was good weather, and a great change from the pale light of the laptop screen.

It started off as an extremely relaxing experience; I'd pedal till I'd gained enough momentum, and reach a road going downhill, and then I'd just glide. It almost felt like I was flying! That, and a combination of cool breeze and greenery made it perfect. But, friends, what goes down also comes up. Which is when it got difficult. And I won't lie, it wasn't pretty. I thought after running, cycling would be a piece of cake. I was totally wrong.

I came home drained and ready to collapse on the sofa, but had a good time. It feels so nice to be able to travel on a cycle, and in the near future, I hope to explore different parts of the city with Slartibartfast. 

Comments

Popular Posts