The past few days.....


It's been a good week, but I realize now that I didn't take too many pictures. It doesn't matter; I captured the highlights. Last weekend we spent some time in the backyard roasting marshmallows, and even though it was cold, it was a lot of fun. The trick is to almost burn the marshmallow entirely; it tastes all smokey and caramel-ly.

We roamed around the city, walked a lot and ate even more. I stuck to my training plan (for those keeping track, I'm on week 3 from tomorrow) and my aching legs are proof to that. We also spotted the Waffles and Dinges food cart in our neighborhood! It was really exciting because we'd seen it on a show many months back when I was in Delhi. It's weird when you see something from the screen in real life; like you're reminded that you actually get to watch other people's lives sometimes (in the non-creepy way). It can all get pretty surreal, right?

I also found a book on Brooklyn and writers that have lived here, and turns out Henry Miller lived a block away from me. Maybe it's a sign that I should read one of his books?

Comments

Popular Posts