A crazy busy week indeed

As the title of the post may suggest, I've been very busy this last week. I don't want to make excuses, but it's also the reason for no 'week in photos' post. The constant jumping around from one thing to the other didn't include grabbing hold of the camera, unfortunately.

To fill you all in, I've been trying to put more emphasis on my training since the half marathon is less than a month away (yikes!). I thought of going for a long run today but the weather didn't permit it. I've been working on college projects, as well as a couple of other design projects. I'm also trying to write more! My days leave me feeling productive and happily tired.

In this craziness, I did find some humor. Today on my way to class, I was reading A Study In Scarlet, the very first Sherlock Holmes story, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. In it, Holmes mentions to Watson that a man's brain is like an attic, and he must choose how to fill it with furniture. Trying to stuff things in only clutters the space, often hiding the important pieces. I read this and evaluated what I've been doing these days. Although I don't feel overwhelmed, I do find my mind wandering to other things I should also do. But now I'm thinking, what I'm doing now is fine. For now. No need for clutter.

Comments

Popular Posts