Leave it to the groundhog

Yesterday was Groundhog Day, and if you're like me, all you can think of right now is the movie with Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell. I haven't seen that movie but I've heard it being referenced to so I know what it's about. Anyway, Groundhog Day is a day when everyone looks to the trusted groundhog to come out from his burrow. He pokes his head out of the ground and if he sees his shadow and goes back inside, a six week longer winter is predicted. However, if he doesn't see his shadow and comes out, an early spring is on it's way.

This year the groundhog, named Punxsutawney Phil (try saying that really fast. Phew!) came all the way out of his burrow, and everyone rejoiced. I saw a picture of him being lifted at a press conference, and it's the funniest thing I've seen this month (here's hoping that February brings many more laughs). The fat guy looked totally disinterested in the gathering, and was probably waiting for the people to just let him go! Here's the image and article, incase you're interested.

Happy February everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts