It's like taking candy from a glamorous baby

Today I met a friend who's leaving the city in a few days, and we visited the Museum Of Modern Art. Unfortunately for us, we decided to go there on the one day in the week that it was closed. Our efforts were not totally in vain, and we enjoyed an afternoon roaming around the area. As I may have mentioned before, Times Square can be a pain to walk around. But today it was fairly easy to walk through. We climbed the TKTS discount ticket booth steps (which on other days is packed with people) and got an unobstructed panoramic view of Times Square. We also got a good view of the Times Square New Year Ball (a few months late, but I saw it). Apparently, it will remain there for the rest of the year.

Another attraction I finally saw properly was the Hershey's shop. The last time I passed by it was in the holiday season, and as can be imagined, it was extremely crowded. There was a long line of people waiting to get in! Today, we were greeted with some chocolate kisses and smells of the delicious items on display.

It was a fun day out, spent almost like tourists. I got a different view of the city, which was pretty refreshing. MoMa can be explored some other day. A day that'll come really soon, I hope.

Comments

Popular Posts