Healthy living

I've been saying 'smoothies are good for you' all summer, like a broken record. However, I didn't practice what I preached till today. I'm slowly getting into fitness mode now, after a month of gorging on mum's yummy preparations and all the food Delhi has to offer (read: a lot!). I started running this week, and have since contemplated running another half marathon in the fall. The last one was such a great experience, and gave me just the push I needed to get into shape. So yeah, that's probably happening again. As a post workout, and dinner drink I decided to try a smoothie recipe using stuff I could find at home. Turns out, it was yummy!

I used:
  • 1 mango
  • 1 banana
  • 2 tbs flaxseed powder
  • 2 almonds
  • 1 cup yogurt
Basically just blend all the ingredients together, trying not to make too much of a mess (believe me, I must keep telling myself that). I also added a few drops of lemon and some water to dilute it a little, making it easier to drink. Ideally smoothies should be had in the morning, which is what I will try to do in the future. But hey, this is a start. It was a great boost after a tiring workout. Try it!

Comments

Popular Posts