To graze the sun and keep on going

This is fast becoming the year of the celestial objects. Yesterday (March 10th) was supposed to be an ideal day to spot Comet Pan-STARRS, that's making it's way around the sun, a journey that takes a 100 million years to complete (woah!). It was the brightest on March 10th in the northern hemisphere, as it came closest to the sun. The comet was supposedly clearest at sunset, and I read about it in time, but when I ran out to see if I could spot anything, all I saw were the city lights (damn). I'm going to try to spot it again tomorrow, even though it it won't be as bright. Fingers crossed.

One can catch glimpses of Comet Pan-STARRS (if they're lucky/vigilant) till the end of March, after which it will be visible with binoculars for a part of April. Some folks were able to capture this guy, and my favorite is this one.

If you'd like to read some fun facts about Comet Pan-STARRS, you can do so here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Popular Posts