Love your body, it's the only one you've got

Rachelle over at The Nearsighted Owl sure has life in perspective. It is with confidence and love for her size that she's come up with a weekly feature called 'I am proud of my size'. And she hopes to spread the love by asking other bloggers to write a post mentioning their size. The moment I saw her post, I knew I had to take part!

I think everyone can relate when it comes to having troubles with the way you look. I certainly can. I grew up constantly criticizing my weight, size, shape, look and what-not. Now when I think about it, I wish I had a time machine. College saw me dropping the baby weight, but I still found ways to find faults. People think it's crazy for a skinny person to have body issues, which I really don't understand. You can have issues with anything in life if you are so inclined. Or, you can accept it.

I'm not the skinny girl in college any more, and I'm fine with it. I like who I am, how I look and what I do. If you think about it, the grief you give yourself over things, that in retrospect are superficial, is quite unnecessary. It's so much better to just let yourself be. I try to exercise and eat right, but don't obsess over it. After all, there are so many other things to do, right? 

Rachelle's blog is wonderful (I love her red hair!), and is now one of my daily reads. Head on over to it to get your dose of self-confidence.

Comments

  1. Good theme ! Can't remember a time when I haven't felt that something was amiss with my size or appearance. Sadly, it just doesn't happen that if you've lost all the weight and gained all the tone that you are magically transformed into this perfect version of the self that you've been dreaming of :(. Been there done that, you still fret over random stuff. Of course, this is not to take away from the fact that being fit is one huge high in itself. One's just got to keep reminding oneself, each day, of how fabulous one is and I think your red jeans are doing just that :) way to go !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :D. It's so true. It feels great to get in shape and be fit, but you can't let go of the negativity completely. Obsession becomes a habit sometimes, and it's a hard one to break. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You adorable! Thanks for participating :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rachelle! It was a great experience to take part in the link up. Thanks for the lovely theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing I have friends in all shapes and sizes and every single one of us has had some sort of body issue, at one time or another. Rachele's blog has also become one of my daily reads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True, it's an issue we all have faced. But it feels good to tell yourself that you're good the way you are, and write about it. All thanks to Rachelle's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Popular Posts